Interview by Lindz Riot
So Marta, when did music start for you? How old were you? What instrument did you pick up first? And what artists/people inspired you to become a musician?
What inspired you to start Crystal Viper? Where did your vision come from? And if there are any, which artists influenced the project?
Are you the main song writer? Where do the stories for your songs come from? And what is the song writing process like for Crystal Viper?
So then what was your over all experience like when recording “Legends”? How is it different from your previous albums? How would you describe it?
Your voice can really wail! What is your background and your vocal training? Your contrast between clean and raspy is very smooth, how did you teach yourself to do that?
Well then, how would you describe your fans? What kind of people are they and how do they make every show so special?
Crystal Viper fans are the best; they always give us the energy while performing live. They are the reason why we play and we appreciate them very, very much!! Thanks to them, we feel that there is a sense in what we do, if you understand that – writing and playing music that we all love is fine but if it wasn’t for those people, we wouldn’t be where we are right now…..?
I have to say though, that metal fans in general are the best, and the most loyal fans in the world! I’m not only a musician, I am as much fan of metal as many of them and for me, it doesn’t matter where you are from, what you look like, how old you are, or anything; metal gathers people together. It doesn’t split people into groups. I love it!
If you could have any guitar, what would it be? Or do you already own it?
Now, that would be; a Jackson guitar, the Randy Rhoads signature but the yellow one!! I don’t own it yet, but I will one day!!
What is your opinion on the Global Metal Movement we see going on in the world today?
Truly, I don’t see any special “metal movement” out there separating anyone. I mean, Traditional Metal has always been here, between the real fans and they embrace everyone as they themselves are embraced. Of course, there are great new bands such as Enforcer, Steel Horse, Portrait, Steelwing and others who are ready to conquer the stages of the world. But many of our “heroes”, like Accept, Raven, Iron Maiden and Saxon produced great new albums last time around, so yeah; Traditional Metal is doing really well, and definitely hasn’t uttered its final words yet!!
As a Metal Fan then, what was your favourite concert that you have ever attended?
The best one that I’ve ever seen was Raven at the Headbanger’s Open Air, this year. These guys Rule! But generally, I’ve seen a lot of amazing shows! I’m a really big fan of metal music, so I go to see my favourite bands performing live as often as possible.
Aside from music, do you have any other goals or aspirations in life?
Really, I can’t imagine doing too many other things that wouldn’t be connected with
music!! I like doing music videos; I mean, actually directing and editing them, so maybe that?
Do you have a unique hobby or talent that you would like to share with the world?
Ha! Ha! I don’t know? Maybe it’s not a talent but I’m sure that there isn’t another person, in the whole known world, that has broken as many beer glasses as I have?? Seriously; just ask my friends! Ha! Ha!
Ha Ha! Amazing! Thanks so much for the interview!!
Thank you too! Heavy Metal greetings!
Marta Gabriel : Facebook
Leave a comment
Style switcher only on this demo version. Theme styles can be changed from Options page.
- Flames of Fury – “FoF” EP (2013)
- Effloresce – “Coma Ghosts” (2012)
- Marie Fredriksson – “Nu!” (2013)
- Anneke Van Giersbergen
- Leaves Eyes’ – “Symphonies of the Night” (2013)
- Phildel – “The Glass Ghost” EP (2013)
- Lita Ford
- Sarah Teets – MindMaze
- Susanna Vesilahti – Unshine
- Trobar de Morte – “The Silver Wheel” (2012)
- Viper Venom – “In Venom Veritas” (2012)
- Via Obscura – “Gedanken” (2012)
- The Mariana Hollow – “Velvet Black Sky” (2012)
- Storyum – “Insomnia” (2012)
- Snei Ap – “Hidden Floors” EP (2013)
- Sin7sinS – “Carnival of No Tomorrow” (2012)
- MaterDea – “Satyricon” (2011)
- Rampart – “War Behast” (2012)
- Lita Ford – “The Bitch is Back… Live” LIVE ALBUM (2013)
- Epysode – “Fantasmagoria” (2013)
- Beyond God – “Dark Light of Dawn” EP (2013)
- Ayreon – “The Theory of Everything” (2013)
- Seremonia – “Ihiminen” (2013)
- Tuomas Tuovinen & Eveelina Kojo – myGrain
- TEODASIA announces European Tour with TARJA TURUNEN
- I Left the Planet – “I Left the Planet” EP (2011)
- Grimes – “Visions” (2012)
- Грай [Grai] – “О Земле Родной” ["O Zemly Rodnoj" - "About Native Land"] (2011)
- Gin Wigmore – “Gravel and Wine” (2011)
- Funin – “Unsound” (2011)