Label: Century Media Records
Review by Tony Cannella
From California, New Years Day plays infectious alternative hard rock with a punk edge. Their third album “Victim to Villain” comes 6-years after their debut “My Dear”. NYD released their sophomore effort “Headlines & Headstones” in 2010 and now comes their aforementioned third album.
“Victim to Villain” features 11-songs and a manageable playing time of 34-minutes. Musically, New Years Eve takes what Paramore does and turns it up to 11 and beyond. Lead vocalist Ashley Costello has a clean yet hard-edge to her vocals and they are just dripping with attitude. The opener “Do Your Worst” begins with some ominously, lilting piano before the song develops into a pounding, hard rock tune. Continue reading »
Label: Century Media
Review by Tony Cannella
I know Arizona’s Eyes Set to Kill have been around for a few years (well more than a few, ten years to be exact) and their new album “Masks” is the bands fifth album, and to be honest I have only heard the name but never actually heard the band. Well after getting a chance to listen to “Masks”, I have to say that I was really missing out on something. Eyes Set to Kill plays with the ferocity of a hard core thrash band while still managing to inject the songs with heavy doses of melody and tuneful hard rock.
Where to start… Well first off the vocal duo of Alexia and Cisko are quite a formidable combination. Continue reading »
Interview by Tony CannellaHailing from Los Angeles, California, Butcher Babies have just released their debut album “Goliath” which promptly landed at number one on the Billboard Magazine Heatseakers chart and now they are a part of the touring Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival which is blazing a trail across North America. The band – which consists of the duel lead vocals of Heidi Shepherd and Carla Harvey, guitarist Henry Flury, bassist Jason Klein and Chrissy Warner on Drums – have been creating a huge buzz on the tour and have become one of the most anticipated bands on the bill. Following their live performance at the Hartford, Connecticut stop of the Mayhem Festival, co-lead vocalist Heidi Shepherd and guitarist Henry Flury were nice enough to sit down and answer a few questions. Here is what they had to say… How have things been going on the Mayhem Festival so far?
Heidi: This was better than we expected, especially today in Hartford. Every time we’ve ever played in this area the kids go crazy, but today was above average. Continue reading »
Label : Century Media Records
Review by Tony Cannella
The American metalcore band In This Moment released their last album “A Star-Crossed Wasteland” two years ago. Since then the band has undergone a lot of changes, with vocalist Maria Brink and lead guitarist Chris Howarth the only remaining members from the previous band. Now they are back with perhaps their heaviest, most aggressive and adventurous albums to date titled “Blood”.
The opening 2-minute intro “Rise With Me” is disarming. It has got an eery feel to it, but is just the calm before the storm as the band launches into “Blood”. In This Moment have always done a great job in balancing melody with aggression and “Blood” is no different. Continue reading »
Interview by Miriam C.Straight from OC [Orange County, yeah like that eponymous The CW's series], California, comes the alternative rock band New Years Day. Although their proved live experience on the 11th June 2013, the band will debut on Century Media Records with their second album “Victim to Villain”. Read some thoughts from Ashley, the singer, about the album’s genesis. Hi Ashley, first of all. How are you? I hope everything’s fine.
Hi there! I’m doing great! Very busy planning our upcoming music video for the song “Angel Eyes” and our upcoming tour with the Vans Warped Tour. So busy!Would you mind presenting the band with some biography?
Well…. Ah. Well… We attended Juilliard… We’re graduates of the Harvard business school. We travel quite extensively. We lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. Continue reading »
Style switcher only on this demo version. Theme styles can be changed from Options page.
- Inviolate – “Feast of Ashes” EP (2012)
- Illnath – “Third Act in the Theatre of Madness” (2011)
- Hysterica – “The Art of Metal” (2012)
- Hand of God – “The Hand of God” (2013)
- Flames of Fury – “FoF” EP (2013)
- Effloresce – “Coma Ghosts” (2012)
- Marie Fredriksson – “Nu!” (2013)
- Anneke Van Giersbergen
- Ines Lukkanen – Embassy of Silence
- Leaves Eyes’ – “Symphonies of the Night” (2013)
- Phildel – “The Glass Ghost” EP (2013)
- Lita Ford
- Sarah Teets – MindMaze
- Susanna Vesilahti – Unshine
- Trobar de Morte – “The Silver Wheel” (2012)
- Viper Venom – “In Venom Veritas” (2012)
- Via Obscura – “Gedanken” (2012)
- The Mariana Hollow – “Velvet Black Sky” (2012)
- Storyum – “Insomnia” (2012)
- Snei Ap – “Hidden Floors” EP (2013)
- Sin7sinS – “Carnival of No Tomorrow” (2012)
- MaterDea – “Satyricon” (2011)
- Rampart – “War Behast” (2012)
- Lita Ford – “The Bitch is Back… Live” LIVE ALBUM (2013)
- Epysode – “Fantasmagoria” (2013)
- Beyond God – “Dark Light of Dawn” EP (2013)
- Ayreon – “The Theory of Everything” (2013)
- Seremonia – “Ihiminen” (2013)
- Tuomas Tuovinen & Eveelina Kojo – myGrain
- TEODASIA announces European Tour with TARJA TURUNEN