Interview by Ary GThe corresponding commitments seem not to stop the couple (only in professional terms) Kiske/Somerville, that, after almost five years of silence, comes back with the second album of this project. On the occasion of the upcoming release of “City of Heroes”, we had the opportunity to have a chat with the beautiful Amanda Somerville about future plans and this brand new, highly anticipated record. Ciao Amanda Ary’s here! Welcome back to Femme Metal.net! First of all, I’d like to congratulate with you and your husband and I’d like to congratulate for the baby! We’ve discovered that you’ll be a great mom so congrats, really I guess you’re super happy!
Ciao Ary! Thank you for having me once again. And thank you for the well wishes! Yes, Sander and I are very happy. Continue reading »
Label: Frontiers Records
Review by Warren Mayocchi
Amanda Somerville and Michael Kiske have released a collaboration with a heroic title and similarly themed lyrical content. This is a fun album – combine a couple of great voices with a solid backing band, give them songs of heroism and inspiration, then listen to the powerful output. The music on the album stays with the rock sound displayed in the couple of videos that have been created for “City of Heroes” and “Walk on Water”. To my ears, the latter is the best track on the album.
There is variety in the sound of the band with regular musical highlights from all musicians. Mostly the album has an energetic melodic hard rock approach. Continue reading »
Interview by Miriam C.
Life has been rad! I just returned from tour about a week ago and I’ve been soaking in as much of Hollywood as I can before I leave. It’s been great seeing everyone and being able to rest, but I am excited to go back out on the road again. Continue reading »
Label: Atlantic Records
Review by Warren Mayocchi
“Into the Wild Life” takes Halestorm into familiar and new musical territory. The band continue to rock hard, however this album features notable additions to their previous material. There is a wider exploration of the rock sound, perhaps paying tribute to past masters.
Every time that I have listened to the first couple of seconds on “I Like it Heavy”, I think that Deep Purple‘s “Smoke on the Water” is about to begin, but an anthem about rock music continues which reminds me of “I Love Rock n’ Roll” by Joan Jett and “We Will Rock You” by Queen. There is a short, vocal only, soul style song at the end of that track that continues the lyrical theme – ‘If there’s a church it’s rock and roll’. Later in the album, “What Sober Couldn’t Say” has a 60′s/70′s keyboard sound in a short musical passage that begins, and is at times within the song. The lead vocal is almost country rock, and there are also backing vocal touches reminiscent of the era as well. Continue reading »
Review by Tony Cannella
Hailing from Sweden, Nocean is a melodic hard rock/metal band that plays, well… melodic hard rock and/or metal. Their debut EP is out now. “Based on a Lie” is the title and it is a fairly potent 16-minutes of straight-forward, in-your-face metal-ness.
The fist pumping opener “Promise” gets us off to a rocking start. “Counting the Hours” is slower in tempo but has a great riff running through it. “Causing Chaos” opens with a classic metal power riff before settling into a steady groove with a heavy-as-hell bass-line. “Based on a Lie” is completed by the commanding “Intervene”. Like the opener, this is a great way to close the record. Continue reading »
Style switcher only on this demo version. Theme styles can be changed from Options page.
- Zola Jesus
- Jenny Hval – “Apocalypse, girl” (2015)
- Kobra Paige – Kobra and the Lotus
- Frantic Amber – “Burning Insight” (2015)
- Johanna Sadonis – Lucifer
- Galley Beggar – “Silence & Tears” (2015)
- Shape of Despair – “Monotony Fields” (2015)
- Lucifer – “Lucifer I” (2015)
- Lullacry – “Legacy 1998-2014″ (2014)
- Ethernity – “Obscure Illusions” (2015)
- Amanda Somerville – Kiske/Somerville
- Kiske/Somerville – “City of Heroes” (2015)
- Les Discrets – “Live at Roadburn” (2015)
- Kamelot – “Haven” (2015)
- Elize Ryd & Olof Mork – Amaranthe
- Sirenia – “The Seventh Path Life” (2015)
- Asylum Escape – Even If I’m Broken EP (2015)
- Uhrijuhla- “Jokainen on vapaa lintu” (2015)
- Courtney LaPlante – Iwrestledabearonce
- Halestorm – “Into the Wild Life” (2015)
- End of Skyline – “EOS” EP (2015)
- Ailyn – Sirenia
- Kari Rueslåtten – “Collection” (2014)
- Romeo’s Daughter – “Spin” (2015)
- Sharon den Adel – Within Temptation
- Jennifer Haben – Beyond the Black
- Second Empire – “Second Empire” EP (2013)
- Shiran – “Warm Winter Day” EP (2014)
- The Lust – “One Life Ago” & “Decomposition Deluxe” (2010/11)