Interview by Alessandra Cognetta
In this interview we get to know more about Chaostar with the help of their lovely vocalist Androniki Skoula. Trying to describe Chaostar‘s music is a demanding task, a bit like telling your friends about a really good book you’ve read without spoiling the sudden twists or surprises. When you approach their music you have to prepare for the unexpected, the wonder, the emotions and lots of talent. Their latest masterpiece is “Anomima” (which we reviewed here already, a recommended read if you want to get an idea of how it sounds), released through Season of Mist at the beginning of May. Androniki gave us an in-depth overview of the creation process behind the new album, her own path as a singer with Chaostar and as a person, Eve’s Apple (I’m always more than happy to talk about it!) and the immortal women of Greek tragedies like Medea and Antigone, but also the Greek philosopher Hypatia of Alexandria, who some of you may remember from the 2009 film “Agora”. But enough with the spoilers, scroll down and start reading! Continue reading »
Interview by Roberta Ilaria Rossi & Miriam C.Young and talented, with a big desire of doing lots of new things, the Canadian band Mortillery is proud their second album “Origin of Extinction”, a pure thrash old school metal quite inspired by Overkill sound. In occasion of the official release sponsored by Napalm Records, we’ve got the chance to exchange a few words with the frontwoman of the band, Cara McCutchen, who brought us in a world of powerfull riffs and guitars that spit fire. Here’s our chat! Today our website has the great pleasure to welcome Cara McCutchen from Mortillery. Welcome Cara. How are you doing?
I’m doing awesome! Thanks so much for having me here!For those who still don’t know anything about you, would you like to introduce a little biography of yourself/of the band?
Sure! I am the singer for the band Mortillery from Edmonton, Canada. I started singing in metal bands 10 years ago. It has always been my and Mortillery‘s intention to play old school thrash metal. Continue reading »
German Symphonic Gothic metal band CORONATUS today publish the new digital compilation “Best Of 2007-2011″
Starting today, December 21st, you can download your copy for 5€ only here: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00A21RYME
But don’t wait too long, the limited offer ends this Sunday (December 23rd)!
NEWS : Italian Heavy Metal cult band HURTFUL WITCH re-release 1985′s “Spectra” DEMO (ITA/ENG version) (
Opera di recupero per il demo “Spectra” datato 1985 di Hurtful Witch, band di culto antesignana del metal occulto ed estremo, capitanata dalla singer torinese Roberta “Morgana” Delaude. La data prevista per l’uscita è gennaio 2013 in solo vinile e tiratura limitata.
I tre pezzi originali “We’re fire”, “Lost Angel” e “Behind my eyes” sono stati remasterizzati mantenendo però il fascino ruvido di quegli anni che hanno segnato la storia del metal underground.
Contatti e ordini:
In order to recover the debut demo Hurtful Witch’s “Spectra” dated 1985, Italian cult band precursor of an occult, extreme metal, fronted by Roberta “Morgana” Delaude” on January 2013 will released on vinyl only and in a limited press.
The three original songs containted in the demo “We’re fire”, ”Lost Angel” e “Behind my eyes” have been remastered but preserving that rough sound that have marked the history of Italian metal underground.
Here below the trailer
Orders and infos:
The prog rock quartet have recently launched their brand new Bandcamp site – handthe.bandcamp.com. The band said – “It’s a great way of managing digital sales, and asking the fans what they want to pay for our music. It allows us more control, and hopefully to bring more to the fans.” To celebrate the launch of the site, the band have decided to offer their full back catalog for free download until 10th December. Available content includes the debut album “Deadroom Journal”, Kerrang! said it has “Jarring instrumental jams that would leave Coheed and Cambria blushing”. hAND are a 4 piece female fronted progressive rock / metal band from Sussex, and are currently working on their third album due to be recorded next year. Their second album “Breathing” was released in 2011 via Femme Metal Records and Brutal Elite Records, and was hailed “Nothing short of stunning” - Sea Of Tranquillity. More info about hAND can be found at www.handtheband.com
Style switcher only on this demo version. Theme styles can be changed from Options page.
- Ashley Costello – New Years Day
- Androniki Skoula – Chaostar
- Arkona – “Decade of Glory” LIVE (2013)
- Оксидерика – “Step to Darkness” (2013)
- Chaostar – “Anomima” (2013)
- Helalyn Flowers – “White Me In Black Me Out” (2013)
- My Ruin – “The Sacred Mood” (2013)
- Belladonna – “Shooting Dice With God” (2013)
- Visions of Atlantis – “Ethera” (2013)
- Upon Wings – “Afterlife” EP (2013)
- Maxine Petrucci – “Back to the Garden” (2013)
- Masterforce – “Until the End of Time” DEMO (2011)
- COURAGE MY LOVE return with “Becoming” EP
- Maledia – “Your Angels Cry” EP (2012)
- Lumus – “Bacchus’ Curse” (2012)
- Lightless Moor – “The Poem – Crying My Grief to A Feeble Dawn” (2013)
- Hurtful Witch – “Spectra” (2013) [DEMO] [REISSUE]
- Ivalys – “Lumen” (2013)
- Hydrogyn – “Private Sessions” (2012)
- Heart Shaped Rock – “Brought it On” SINGLE (2012)
- Igorrr – “Hallelujah” (2012)
- North Diamond – “По Ту Сторону Бытия” ["On the Other Side of Being" - "Po Tu Storonu Biytiya"] (2012)
- Kvitrafn (Einar Selvik) – Wardruna
- THE EDGE OF PARADISE @ The Mix, Seattle, WASHINGTON, USA – 27/04/2013
- Jessie Ware – “Devotion” [The Gold Edition] (2013)
- Hugo Flores & Jessica Lehto – Factory of Dreams
- Carter Tutti Void – “Transverse” (2012)
- Jennifer Borg – Divine Ascension
- Black Sun Aeon – “Blacklight Deliverance” (2011)
- Black Heaven – “Dystopia” (2011)