Label: Wordlessness Records
Review by Tony Cannella
Hailing from Russia, The Lust plays Gothic Rock/Metal with a definite electronic/industrial edge. They formed in 2004 and that is the same year they released their debut album “Tangled”. Since then they have continued to release albums at a productive pace and their newest album “Decomposition Deluxe” is also their fifth, so they have been busy since their formation but one year before the band has released ”One Life Ago” that is a compilation album made up primarily of rare tracks and alternate versions of some of their older songs.
The first six songs on “One Life Ago” are made up of unreleased tracks. The self-titled song starts things and right away I notice that their earlier stuff has more of an electronic/industrial edge to it. Continue reading »
Interview by CriXBattle Beast is one of the most energetic band on the European metal scene, they collect consents after each stage more and more, they are just unstoppable. Fans, radios and magazines have defined Noora the new metal queen, her powerful and mutable voice made Battle Beast the perfect heavy metal band that the world needs. Before their show in Pori, Femme Metal Webzine have had the chance to meet the singer Noora and talk about the past, the present and the future of the band. Hey Noora, it’s a pleasure have you again on Femme Metal Webzine. How are you?
I’m fine, thank you.The new Battle Beast album “Unholy Savior” has been released back on January, what is the concept behind this record?
Well, this is pretty much a concept album, and it’s more related on how Anton was feeling during the songwriting last year, and it’s pretty personal album for him. Continue reading »
Review by Tony Cannella
When it comes to female fronted metal, the awesome country of Italy has produced some of the best. To this point it’s been mostly symphonic, operatic, power metal (with a few exceptions). Well, the band Never Trust offers something a bit different to the mix. Their debut album, “Morning Light” has more of an edgy, punk-ish, alternative metal vibe.
The opening track “Fade Away”comes flying out the gate like a shot of adrenaline. For 11-songs and about 39-minutes, Never Trust maintains a consistent, straight-forward approach. The songs are aggressive yet still maintain a catchy, basic rock and roll vibe. “Worthless” is another powerful song. The third track, “Rebound” is a cool mid-tempo number which has a ready-for-radio vibe – and is therefore – one of the more accessible tracks we have here. Continue reading »
Interview by Michelle HenriquezThere are many hidden treasures in the Netherlands and ReSolve is definitely one of them. The progressive metal band originated in The Hague has been on the hunt for a new singer for a long while now and finally stumbled upon a very special lady with an extraordinary voice; her name is Radina Dimcheva. Her deep, sullen and powerful voice captivated both the members of ReSolve and the recruiters for Epic Rock Choir. There is no doubt that Arjen A. Lucassen always finds a place for unique talent that is out of this world. Shortly after the Bulgarian singer Radina entered the project for The Theatre Equation, she joined ReSolve. At the moment ReSolve is in the recording process of a debut album and on the 20th of February 2015 Femme Metal Webzine took the opportunity to interview both Radina Dimcheva and founding member Lennert Kemper. Continue reading »
Interview by Miriam C
Transcription by Ary R
I still don’t realize that, back almost 2 months ago, I’ve interviewed a legend. Yes, a REAL metal legend. And while writing this intro, I still don’t believe that I was in front of this Dutch artist called Anneke van Giersbergen for almost 30 minutes, chatting about her latest project called The Gentle Storm (and not only that). I’m still mesmerized at the thought that, yes, Anneke, FREAKIN’, van Giersbergen sat in front of me and replied to my questions with the elegance and sweetness who distinguish her from the maelstrom of the artists out there.Hi Anneke, welcome to Femme Metal Webzine. I’m very honored to be here talking to you. First of all, how are you doing? How is this European tour treating you? How has been the show in Milan yesterday?
Absolutely great! It’s always so nice to play in Italy because people in Italy are very warm-hearted, you know this and this makes us feel very welcome. There was a lot of people, it was just so loud, people were singing along with the songs. I loved it! Continue reading »
Style switcher only on this demo version. Theme styles can be changed from Options page.
- The Lust – “One Life Ago” & “Decomposition Deluxe” (2010/11)
- Noora Louhimo – Battle Beast
- Never Trust – “Morning Light” (2013)
- Lennert Kemper & Radina Dimcheva – ReSolve
- Anneke van Giersbergen – The Gentle Storm
- Selene – “Paradise Over” EP (2014)
- Flowing River – “Inner Strength” EP (2013)
- Italian Symphonic Gothic metallers EVENOIRE new video “Drops of Amber” EXCLUSIVELY on Femme Metal Webzine
- SilentLie – “Layers of Nothing” (2015)
- Courage My Love – “Becoming” (2015)
- Delta Rae – “After It All” (2015)
- Italian Symphonic Gothic FENIX TALES issues new album teaser
- The Gentle Storm – “The Diary” (2015)
- Nightwish – “Endless Forms Most Beautiful” (2015)
- Nocean – “Based on a Lie” EP (2015)
- Sorrows Path – “Doom Philosophy” (2014)
- The Electric Lady – “Black Moon” (2012)
- Echosmith – “Talking Dreams” (2014)
- Viper Solfa – “Carving an Icon” (2015)
- Caelestia – “Beneath Abyss” (2015)
- Tania Duarte, Marcos Coifman & Julio Almeida – Reino Ermitaño
- Unseelie – “Urban Fantasy” (2014)
- Eivør – “Bridges” (2015)
- Ginman/Eivør – “The Color Of Dark” (2014)
- Temperance – “Limitless” (2015)
- Diane Camenzuli – Weeping Silence
- Fate Prevailed – “Blue Skies Burn Red” EP (2014)
- Issa – “Crossfire” (2015)
- Zara Gevorgyan – Dogma
- The Gentle Storm + Rain @ Locomotive Club, Bologna (IT) 25/02/2015