Label : Andromeda Relix
Review by Tony Cannella
There is no doubt that the 80s were an exciting time in the history of metal. Long before there was an internet, Facebook, MySpace, etc. the only way one could hopefully come across new bands were via underground fanzines, underground tape trading or if you were really adventurous about parting with your hard earned cash you could buy an album based on cool cover art. I stumbled upon many a cool band based on this method (I was also burned a few time too, not that I’m bitter or anything – live and learn and move on). The early to mid 80s were definitely a “do-it-yourself” era for metal and the Italian metal band Hurtful Witch is a perfect example of this. This band features a pre-Morgana, Roberta Delaude on vocals and if I am not mistaken this was her first band. Continue reading »
Interview by Roberta Ilaria Rossi & Miriam C.Young and talented, with a big desire of doing lots of new things, the Canadian band Mortillery is proud their second album “Origin of Extinction”, a pure thrash old school metal quite inspired by Overkill sound. In occasion of the official release sponsored by Napalm Records, we’ve got the chance to exchange a few words with the frontwoman of the band, Cara McCutchen, who brought us in a world of powerfull riffs and guitars that spit fire. Here’s our chat! Today our website has the great pleasure to welcome Cara McCutchen from Mortillery. Welcome Cara. How are you doing?
I’m doing awesome! Thanks so much for having me here!For those who still don’t know anything about you, would you like to introduce a little biography of yourself/of the band?
Sure! I am the singer for the band Mortillery from Edmonton, Canada. I started singing in metal bands 10 years ago. It has always been my and Mortillery‘s intention to play old school thrash metal. Continue reading »
Interview by Roberta Ilaria Rossi
Indie pop music always has been a bit undervalued but it hides lots of great new acts most of the time. This is the case of the Swedish band You Say France and I Whistle, that already got the chance to perform at the Fashion Week in Milan and that got a bunch of surprises. Here you can find what the lead singer Ida Hedene said to us! Today FM has the pleasure of having Ida Hedene from You say France. Welcome Ida.
Thanks, nice to be here.So, let’s start the chat talking about your band. It’s a Swedish indie-pop band called You Say France and I Whistle. Would you like to introduce us the biography of the band and how was this project born?
The band was born out of the frustration to be cool. All the bands around us were really cool. We more wanted to release joy. So all become to be spreading joy. Continue reading »
Interview by Roberta Ilaria RossiAC/DC, Metallica, Five Finger Death Punch and so on. These are a few names that inspired the New Jersey band Spider Rockets, back on the metal scenes with the new record “Bitten”, which is welcoming the band to return soon in Europe. A record that already obtained lots of great feedbacks and much more. The kind and pleasant Helena Cos is proud to introduce a couple of things that no one did not know yet. From New Jersey, we welcome Spider Rockets’ lead singer Helena Cos. Welcome Helena. Let’s start our chat talking of the band. Spider Rockets was born as a duo, formed by Johnny Nap and you and then some other band members joined the band later. Would you like to tell us how was this project born?
Johnny and I started doing cover gigs as a duo, playing every dive bar in NJ and New York. We played our original songs in between covers of GNR, AD/DC and Metallica. I remember playing this one gig in Asbury Park on New Year’s Eve where we played 5 sets and finished at about 4 AM. Soon we expanded to a full lineup and released the band’s first CD. We’ve played all over the USA, performed in Europe and can’t wait to do it all again to support our new CD, “Bitten”. Continue reading »
NEWS : Italian Heavy Metal cult band HURTFUL WITCH re-release 1985′s “Spectra” DEMO (ITA/ENG version) (
Opera di recupero per il demo “Spectra” datato 1985 di Hurtful Witch, band di culto antesignana del metal occulto ed estremo, capitanata dalla singer torinese Roberta “Morgana” Delaude. La data prevista per l’uscita è gennaio 2013 in solo vinile e tiratura limitata.
I tre pezzi originali “We’re fire”, “Lost Angel” e “Behind my eyes” sono stati remasterizzati mantenendo però il fascino ruvido di quegli anni che hanno segnato la storia del metal underground.
Contatti e ordini:
In order to recover the debut demo Hurtful Witch’s “Spectra” dated 1985, Italian cult band precursor of an occult, extreme metal, fronted by Roberta “Morgana” Delaude” on January 2013 will released on vinyl only and in a limited press.
The three original songs containted in the demo “We’re fire”, ”Lost Angel” e “Behind my eyes” have been remastered but preserving that rough sound that have marked the history of Italian metal underground.
Here below the trailer
Orders and infos:
Style switcher only on this demo version. Theme styles can be changed from Options page.
- Chaostar – “Anomima” (2013)
- Helalyn Flowers – “White Me In Black Me Out” (2013)
- My Ruin – “The Sacred Mood” (2013)
- Belladonna – “Shooting Dice With God” (2013)
- Visions of Atlantis – “Ethera” (2013)
- Upon Wings – “Afterlife” EP (2013)
- Maxine Petrucci – “Back to the Garden” (2013)
- Masterforce – “Until the End of Time” DEMO (2011)
- COURAGE MY LOVE return with “Becoming” EP
- Maledia – “Your Angels Cry” EP (2012)
- Lumus – “Bacchus’ Curse” (2012)
- Lightless Moor – “The Poem – Crying My Grief to A Feeble Dawn” (2013)
- Hurtful Witch – “Spectra” (2013) [DEMO] [REISSUE]
- Ivalys – “Lumen” (2013)
- Hydrogyn – “Private Sessions” (2012)
- Heart Shaped Rock – “Brought it On” SINGLE (2012)
- Igorrr – “Hallelujah” (2012)
- North Diamond – “По Ту Сторону Бытия” ["On the Other Side of Being" - "Po Tu Storonu Biytiya"] (2012)
- Kvitrafn (Einar Selvik) – Wardruna
- THE EDGE OF PARADISE @ The Mix, Seattle, WASHINGTON, USA – 27/04/2013
- Jessie Ware – “Devotion” [The Gold Edition] (2013)
- Hugo Flores & Jessica Lehto – Factory of Dreams
- Carter Tutti Void – “Transverse” (2012)
- Jennifer Borg – Divine Ascension
- Black Sun Aeon – “Blacklight Deliverance” (2011)
- Black Heaven – “Dystopia” (2011)
- Fourever – “Solitarium” (2012)
- Embassy of Silence – “Antler Velvet” (2013)
- Shiori Vitus – Eleanor
- KARMIC LINK announces new line up addition and album updates