Label: Pesanta Urfolk Records
Review by Luisa Mercier
I had the pleasure to appreciate Scout Paré-Philips in The Sterling Sisters album “Hale” where she backed the male vocalist. Therefore I was really glad to have the chance to review her solo work “Fields of Ash”. It is a 7”with only two tracks, but very remarkable.
There is only her voice and an acoustic guitars, but her unique tone will make you shiver. Only two elements and a true journey. The style is quite similar to those of her band, maybe more acoustic and less dark, but I think that her voice itself carries a melancholy that I rarely found in other female singers. If you do not know her, please check “Fields of Ash” out or The Sterling Sisters, you will be enchanted.
Rating – 70/100
- Fields of Ash
- In The End
- Scout Paré-Phillips – vocals, autoharp, guitar
- Emil Bognar-Nasdor – drums, percussion
- Jonathan Elliott – electronics
Latest posts by Miriam Cadoni (see all)
- HEILUNG + LILI REFRAIN @ 013 Tilburg - March 7, 2023
- AMARANTHE – An Interview with Olof Mörck - March 2, 2023
- DISMAL: release new single - February 23, 2023