Interview by Tony CannellaOn October 11th, the legendary Dutch symphonic metal band Within Temptation wrapped up their wildly successful North American tour in Worcester, Mass. It was my first time seeing WT live and although I had seen the DVDs I had no idea what was in store for me. To put it simply, the band blew the doors off the Worcester Palladium. Prior to Within Temptation taking the stage that night, I had the huge honor of interviewing front woman Sharon den Adel. With “Hydra” being their most successful album worldwide and a new DVD on the horizon, there was much to talk about. Here is what she had to say… This is the last date of the U.S. tour. How has it gone?
We’ve had a great time. We’ve always had a great response from the audience. Most shows were sold out or almost sold out, so we are really feeling good about this tour and really happy that we did it again and that we came back. It was a warm welcome. Continue reading »
Label: Starwave Records
Review by Tony Cannella
From Japan, Magistina Saga’s second mini-album is titled “The Tone of Temptation”. Released in November 2012, the mini album features seven songs worth of symphonic metal. “The Tone of Temptation” may be only 25-minutes in length but it offers a pretty good sample of what Magistina Saga has to offer. Musically the band is solid and the songs are symphonic and dramatic. The songs are sung in their native Japanese language and they feature numerous tempo changes and are classically crafted and written. Highlights include: “Ideal Reality” and “After Artifice”.
I have never been familiar with Magistina Saga before. Continue reading »
Label: BMG Rights Management/Dramatico/Victor Entertaiment Japan
Review by Tony Cannella
When the Iconic Dutch metal band Within Temptation released the EP “Paradise” featuring a duet with Tarja a few months ago it built the anticipation for their new album “Hydra” which is exactly what it was meant to do. Well, “Hydra” has just been released and was it worth the wait? Is it any good? The answer is yes, and yes. The thing that I have always loved about WT is that after all these years (this is their 6th album, I believe) they have always managed to grow, evolve and push things a little bit further. Each album has its own vibe and life and “Hydra” is no different.
“Let Us Burn” is the opener and has a great up-tempo, melodic base to set the table. The next three songs feature collaborations from varying ends of the music spectrum. Continue reading »
Label: Dramatico Entertaintment
Review by Tony Cannella
What a treat this turned out to be. The collaboration between two of the most iconic female singers in metal was eagerly anticipated (by me anyway). On their new EP “Paradise (What About Us?)” the Dutch band Within Temptation joins forces with Tarja Turunen on the excellent title song and it is a match made in Femme Metal heaven.
In addition to the title song, “Paradise” also comes with three demo versions of new songs, which will presumably be on the next Within Temptation album. But the song and video that has everyone talking is “Paradise (What About Us?)”. This song is a melding of two phenomenal singers who bring different styles to the table but also go about their business cohesively – neither one tries to show up the other and neither tries to hog the spotlight. Continue reading »
Interview by Grace Méridian, Kassandra Novell & Lindsay Schoolcraft
Video by Mary ZimmerHere what we present you is a special interview done by the Eve’s Apple (Don’t you know what is? Just take a peek here!) members Grace Méridan (Lifeaftergod), Kassandra Novell, Lindsay Schoolcraft & Mary Zimmer (Luna Mortis). First of all I thank the girls for this awesome interview and if you wanna enjoy the video experience, please check out here but we must warn we that there’s a little mistake that we cannot fix, we hope you like it the same. Then we come to the special guest – we’re talking about Anneke Van Giersbergen. The fantastic Dutch singer, after her departure from The Gathering, has slowly built a solo career with her 5 albums. The girls interviewed Anneke during her short trip in US, on March in Chicago. Beside the girls, I want to personally thank Mr.Rob Snijders for helping us setting this interview up. Well, after this short intro it’s time to read the interview, so enjoy it!
Grace: I’m Grace Meridan and we’re here interview Anneke van Giersbergen for Femme Metal and Eve’s Apple. So, Hi Anneke, pleased to meet you. Continue reading »
Style switcher only on this demo version. Theme styles can be changed from Options page.
- Noora Louhimo – Battle Beast
- Never Trust – “Morning Light” (2013)
- Lennert Kemper & Radina Dimcheva – ReSolve
- Anneke van Giersbergen – The Gentle Storm
- Selene – “Paradise Over” EP (2014)
- Flowing River – “Inner Strength” EP (2013)
- Italian Symphonic Gothic metallers EVENOIRE new video “Drops of Amber” EXCLUSIVELY on Femme Metal Webzine
- SilentLie – “Layers of Nothing” (2015)
- Courage My Love – “Becoming” (2015)
- Delta Rae – “After It All” (2015)
- Italian Symphonic Gothic FENIX TALES issues new album teaser
- The Gentle Storm – “The Diary” (2015)
- Nightwish – “Endless Forms Most Beautiful” (2015)
- Nocean – “Based on a Lie” EP (2015)
- Sorrows Path – “Doom Philosophy” (2014)
- The Electric Lady – “Black Moon” (2012)
- Echosmith – “Talking Dreams” (2014)
- Viper Solfa – “Carving an Icon” (2015)
- Caelestia – “Beneath Abyss” (2015)
- Tania Duarte, Marcos Coifman & Julio Almeida – Reino Ermitaño
- Unseelie – “Urban Fantasy” (2014)
- Eivør – “Bridges” (2015)
- Ginman/Eivør – “The Color Of Dark” (2014)
- Temperance – “Limitless” (2015)
- Diane Camenzuli – Weeping Silence
- Fate Prevailed – “Blue Skies Burn Red” EP (2014)
- Issa – “Crossfire” (2015)
- Zara Gevorgyan – Dogma
- The Gentle Storm + Rain @ Locomotive Club, Bologna (IT) 25/02/2015
- Lonely Robot – “Please Come Home” (2015)