Interview by Michelle HenriquezThe Netherlands based band GOLD define themselves as “a contemporary rock band that’s heavy because of the songs, not the sound, but why? Let’s discover with us more about their music and their debut album “Interbellum” released via Van Records on 2012 with this nice chat happened few months ago with both singer Milena Eva and guitarist Thomas. How did you experience the show?
Milena: Yeah, it went great we think, it is kind of hard to grasp the feeling 5 minutes after the show, but I think we did alright.
Thomas: We made a few mistakes but because we were a bit stressed playing a set of just 30 minutes and lacking the drummer for quite some time. Plus it was great to play a set for such a big crowd. We played some festivals in Holland and even Sweden but nothing this size. Continue reading »
Label: Noisehead Records
Review by Tony Cannella
From Greece, the male/female symphonic metal band Fallen Arise formed in 2009. In 2011 they released their debut EP. Now, they are out with their debut full-length “Ethereal”.
The orchestral Nightwish style intro for “Burned Ivy” gets us started and before long the song morphs into a straight-forward hard charging metal tune. Fallen Arise has both a male and female vocalist at the helm and their styles are more in the vein of traditional metal as opposed to the operatic/growly thing, which I have to admit, is a nice change. In that regard I would compare them to Visions of Atlantis. The next track, “Eternity” has got a pretty accessible vibe to it and the song itself is hauntingly, melodic. Continue reading »
Label: Retcon Recordings
Review by Tony Cannella
From Boston, Mass. USA, the band Baliset has existed for almost two decades. That’s right, the atmospheric rock band first formed in 1996 by Greg Massi. In 1999 he was joined by drummer Adam Letourneau and the two began writing songs for what would eventually be their debut album “A Time for Rust” which was finally released in 2009. For the ensuing live dates the band brought in bassist David Chisholm on bass and Lauren Flaherty on vocals to round out the line-up. As the band was recording their newest EP Lauren Flaherty left the band and was replaced by Bridget Kelly (ex-Avariel) and not too soon after David Chisholm was replaced by Nick Yeager on bass. That is the line-up that can be heard on their new EP “Exordium”. Continue reading »
Interview by Arianna G.In a busy environment which is the current metal scene, SAVN is the revelation band of 2014. Norwegian and dedicated to the gothic and folk melodies and led by the blonde vocalist Carmen Elise Espenæs, Stig Johansen and Anders Thue (ex-The Sins of Thy Beloved), SAVN‘s debut album gained positive acclaims from all over the world in a very short time. For the occasion, we exchanged a few chats with the singer of this combo and, in this in-depth interview, she tells us something about this new musical experience, without forgetting her “mother-band”, Midnattsol, anticipating some juicy news as well. Savn is a band formed by Stig and Anders. After so many years in which there were so many rumours concerning their band, The Sins of Thy Beloved, they’ve decided to start a new music project. Would you like to give a short biography of this new band for those people who are still not familiar with you?
Yes, of course! It was actually Stig that started the band, he felt that he needed something new in his life, something new in the music front, because nothing happened with The Sins of Thy Beloved, it was too silent for him, Continue reading »
Review by Tony Cannella
High Fighter is the new project featuring ex-A Million Miles vocalist Mona Miluski. On their debut EP “The Goat Ritual” Mona is joined by former members of A Million Miles, Buffalo Hump and Pyogenisis to create a heavy as hell stoner/doom metal offering that is sure to please fans who like their metal heavy with a blues influence.
With the opening tune “2Steps Blueskill”, High Fighter heads straight for the jugular with a song that starts off heavy but only gets heavier. The next track “Breaking Goat Mountains” has a distinctive riff running through the duration of the song and the band doesn’t take the foot off the pedal. From there the band segues into “Black Waters” the best song in my opinion. Continue reading »
Style switcher only on this demo version. Theme styles can be changed from Options page.
- Milena Eva & Thomas Sciarone – GOLD
- The Oath – “The Oath” (2014)
- Whyzdom – “Symphony for a Hopeless God” (2015)
- The Agonist – “Eyes of Providence” (2015)
- Midnight Eternal – S/T EP (2014)
- Karkaos – “Empire” (2014)
- Edge of Paradise – “Perfect Shade of Black” EP (2014)
- Fallen Arise – “Ethereal” (2013)
- Eteddian – “Illusions” EP (2013)
- Darkyra Black – “Dragon Tears” (2014)
- Plague of Stars – “When Morning Came” (2014)
- Eyevory – “Euphobia” (2013)
- Celestial Wish – “Our Creation” EP (2014)
- Black Desert – “The Beginning” (2013)
- Norhod – “The Blazing Lily” (2013)
- My Black Light – “Are You a Liar?” EP (2014)
- Baliset – “Exordium” EP (2013)
- Marco Hietala – Raskasta Joulua
- Jon Oliva – Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- We Are the Catalyst – “Monuments” (2014)
- Eternal Silence – “Raw Poetry” (2013)
- Carmen Elise Espenæs – SAVN
- Brave – “Surrounds Me” EP (2014)
- Edenial – “Innerpretations” (2014)
- Tom Phillips – While Heaven Wept
- Charlotte Wessels – Delain
- Wormhole – “The String Theory” (2012)
- Beyond Visions – “Your Face is Familiar” (2013)
- High Fighter – “The Goat Ritual” (2014)
- Milana Solovitskaya – Tantal