Label: Peaceville Records
Review by Tony Cannella
White Empress is a symphonic death metal band which features former members of Luna Mortis, Cradle of Filth and Coal Chamber. The band is fronted by lead vocalist White Empress (AKA Mary Zimmer) and her style ranging from guttural death metal growls to clean singing is a major aspect of this band. She has also surrounding herself with an outstanding array of musicians which include female bass player Chela Harper formerly of Coal Chamber. You can experience their full impact on the debut album “Rise of the Empress”, which is out via Peaceville records.
Even though White Empress is a relatively new band, their members aren’t exactly rookies, having gained quite a bit of experience with various bands over the years. Continue reading »
Interview by Michelle HenriquezRecently we’ve had the opportunity to interview Witch Mountain singer Uta Plotkin while they were on a European tour. For those of you who don’t know Witch Mountain, be prepared to hear something very different. Witch Mountain is a mix of doom and blues with songs about horror stories, life experiences and dreams. The band founded in Portland, Oregon, will soon be releasing a new album, “Mobile of Angels”, in September 2014. Witch Mountain is in many ways a very unique band. Witch Mountain is a Doom Metal band with clean female vocals and it therefore brings another feel to doom metal. In this way, it differs from traditional doom metal bands that have mainly male grunts. Continue reading »
Review by Tony Cannella
On Valentine’s Day of this year the Dutch symphonic power metal band Magion announced that they were calling it quits. Since the band formed in 2005 they released an EP, two demos and two full-length albums. Their announcement came as a bit of a surprise, since their just released second album “A Different Shade of Light” is their best, most sophisticated work to date.
“A Different Shade of Darkness” is 10-songs and 65-minutes worth of killer material. The album begins with the excellent, “Beloved Enemies”. The massive “Masquerade” is up next and features an almost thrash metal vibe which is combined with the technical complexity which defines this album. Continue reading »
Style switcher only on this demo version. Theme styles can be changed from Options page.
- Ashes to Ashes – “Bordeline” (2013) October 28, 2014
- Sabina Classen, Peter Geltat & Thomas Neitsch – Holy Moses October 28, 2014
- While Heaven Wept – “Suspended At Aphelion” (2014) October 27, 2014
- Forever Still – “Breaking Free” EP (2013) October 26, 2014
- Mia Coldheart – Crucified Barbara October 23, 2014
- Meden Agan – “Lacrima Dei” (2014) October 23, 2014
- Liv Kristine – “Vervain” (2014) October 23, 2014
- Moonland feat. Lenna Kuurmaa – “S/T” (2014) October 23, 2014
- Tåve Wanning – Adrenaline Rush October 22, 2014
- Die Like A Mayfly – “Dying Mayfly” EP (2014) October 18, 2014
- Dear Sinner – “Faith” (2014) October 18, 2014
- Blodwen – “Requiem for Odette” EP RE-RELEASE (2014) October 18, 2014
- Sister Sin – “Black Lotus” (2014) October 15, 2014
- Mihály Szabó – The Moon And The Nightspirit October 15, 2014
- Tungsten – “The Reservoir” (2014) October 9, 2014