Label : Scarlet Records
Review by Tony Cannella
From Italy, the symphonic progressive metal band Solisia released their debut album “Ordinary Fate” in 2010. Since then, the band has changed labels moving from Underground Symphony to Scarlet and has changed vocalists as well, replacing Marilena Stigliano with Elie Syrelia. With all due respect to Marilena, the addition of Elie may be just what this band needs to ascend to the next level in the realm of Symphonic metal.
The impressive thing about Solisia is their ability to be super melodic whilst still delivering intricately played hard charging metal songs. The song writing is excellent and varied and never gets tiring to listen to. Continue reading »
Interview by Alessandra Cognetta
Leslie Hunt is the lead singer of District 97, a prog band from Chicago that is (not so) slowly conquering the American music scene and establishing its own name at home and abroad. Their work is a surprisingly fresh combination of different styles and musical experiences, with two full-length albums released and an ever-growing touring activity. If you want to know more about District 97 (and believe me, you want to), this is the right place to start!Hello and welcome to Femme Metal, Leslie! We’re really glad to have you here with us. District 97 has just finished their US tour, how would you describe this experience, now that it’s over?
I thoroughly enjoyed myself! Each show was a success in its own right, and I absolutely love performing this music. I also love our fans! They are some of the most genuine and appreciative people I have ever met, and I am so honored to be on the receiving end of their loyalty. It was definitely a challenge to play eight nights in a row, especially since my performance style is getting more and more theatrical as our sound evolves, but as soon as we would play the first note, I was able to transport myself to the headspace required to experience the song as if it were my first time.District 97 has never been featured on our Webzine before, could you introduce the band and its members to our readers?
Sure! I’m Leslie, and I sing, dance and play tambourine sometimes. Jonathan Schang is the drummer, primary composer, bandleader, AND he manages everything that happens behind the scenes, so we all give him serious props. Jim Tashjian plays lead guitar and sings backgrounds. Rob Clearfield plays keyboards and additional guitar. Patrick Mulcahy plays bass. Continue reading »
Italian Symphonic Metal band SILENT OPERA offers 3 more EXCLUSIVE STILLS from the upcoming videoclip “Symphony of Time”
In exclusive for Femme Metal Webzine, Italian Symphonic Metal band SILENT OPERA offers some stills from the upcoming videoclip “Symphony of Time” that will be released on February. As always we recommend to follow and like the band on Facebook for update.
This week director and guitarist Rain (you can see him pictured in the backstage) introduce for us the next stills releasing the following statement : Continue reading »
Italian Symphonic Metal band SILENT OPERA offers exclusive stills from the upcoming videoclip “Symphony of Time”
In exclusive for Femme Metal Webzine, Italian Symphonic Metal band SILENT OPERA offers some stills from the upcoming videoclip “Symphony of Time” that will be released on February. Every week, from today, the band through the webzine will publish more material and unveil more infos about the videoclip. As always we recommend to follow and like the band on Facebook for update.
Italian Symphonic Visual Metal band Silent Opera has announce the departure of Aria, their singer, read thier press statement below :
“Unfortunately the best things don’t always last forever… We have to announce that our singer, Aria, decided to leave the group due to personal reasons. So the road we took together just one year ago, has come to an end. We wish her the best, success and satisfactions. “Symphony of Time”, our new single, is ready to be released, with our new singer, who’ll be revealed soon! We apologize our fans, and all people who work with and for us, but we promise your waiting will be repayed with big great news!”
For more infos check :
Style switcher only on this demo version. Theme styles can be changed from Options page.
- Mystery Blue – “Conquer the World” (2013)
- Orianthi – “Heaven in This Hell” (2013)
- Pamela Moore – “Resurrect Me” (2013)
- Dante Fox – “Lost Man’s Ground” (2012)
- A Persuasive Reason – “A Persuasive Reason” EP (2013)
- The Reasoning – “And Another Thing…” EP (2012)
- HUNTRESS & GOLD @ 013, Tilburg, THE NETHERLANDS 08/06/2013
- Anneke Van Giersbergen
- Noora Louhimo – Battle Beast
- Leah – “Of Earth & Angels” (2013)
- Kells – “Anachromie” (2012)
- Tristania – “Darkest White” (2013)
- Infinitus Mortus – “The Conspiracy of Love” (2012)
- Illuminata – “A World So Cold” (2011)
- Hitherside – “Hitherside” EP (2012)
- Hanging Doll – “The Sacred & Profane” (2012)
- Edenbridge – “The Bonding” (2013)
- Delain – “Interlude” (2013)
- Emily Lazar – September Mourning
- Ashley Costello – New Years Day
- Androniki Skoula – Chaostar
- Arkona – “Decade of Glory” LIVE (2013)
- Оксидерика – “Step to Darkness” (2013)
- Chaostar – “Anomima” (2013)
- Helalyn Flowers – “White Me In Black Me Out” (2013)
- My Ruin – “The Sacred Mood” (2013)
- Belladonna – “Shooting Dice With God” (2013)
- Visions of Atlantis – “Ethera” (2013)
- Upon Wings – “Afterlife” EP (2013)
- Maxine Petrucci – “Back to the Garden” (2013)